Environmental and Consumer Health Services are open and customers are urged to first make an appointment. To make an appointment, please call 409.938.2319.
Please note the department's lobby door will remain locked. Customers will need to call 409.938.2319 upon arrival. Customers will be asked to sanitize their hands before entering the lobby and only one customer will be allowed in the lobby at a time. Others will be asked to wait in their car.
Customers will be asked to wear a face covering during their visit to the office. One will be provided if needed. Please do not bring family or friends with you. Only the customer will be seen.
Many services are available online:
- Food Service Establishment permits may be paid over the phone by credit card and the permit will be mailed. Please call 409.938.2319.
- Anyone wanting to apply for a food permit may do so at https://www.gchdenvform.org/servlet/guest?service=0&formId=37&enterprise=6.
- Anyone wanting to apply for a pool permit may do so at https://www.gchdenvform.org/servlet/guest?service=0&formId=37&enterprise=6
- Applications for a temporary event may be sent online at https://www.gchdenvform.org/servlet/guest?service=0&formId=38&enterprise=6 and will be reviewed. Please note, most temporary events have been canceled.
- Water samples may be dropped off with Chain of Custody and payment in the foyer at Entrance D. Sampling bottles and forms are available in the foyer.
- Septic system applications, contracts and maintenance reports may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or can be dropped off in the foyer at Entrance D.
- Outdoor burn registrations and burn registration “renewals” can be completed and submitted at https://www.gchd.org/home/showdocument?id=2436
For more information, please call 409.938.2319.
Environmental Health Services protects public health and well-being by inspecting, investigating and monitoring air, water and food safety.
- Consumer Health Services is responsible for permitting and inspecting food establishments, swimming pools, septic systems, animal establishments and investigates illegal dumping, high weeds and grass complaints in the unincorporated county.
- Air and Water Pollution Services inspects, investigates and monitors air and water pollution., issues beach water advisories and administers the county’s storm water management program.
- The Drinking Water Sample Drop-Off Center provides a safe and secure courier service for drinking water sample testing.