Information for Businesses & Employers
Galveston County Health District COVID-19 Business Guide.
Governor Abbott has issued several Executive Orders opening businesses and activities in Texas. Additional information on recommended minimum standard health protocols and other guidance can be found on the Opening the State of Texas page.
State agencies, business owners, employers, and members of the general public can also find workplace-specific recommendations in the Letter to Texas Employers (PDF, V.2.0, released 5/7/2020).
Employers and employees can find information on mail handling and preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the DSHS Interim Guidance for Mail Handling (PDF, V.2.0, updated 5/23/2020).
Those needing to execute documents that require in-person signatures can find recommendations and best practices in the DSHS Interim Guidance for Executing Documents (PDF, V.2.0, released 5/14/2020).
Note: DSHS is seeking approval for waivers of certain DSHS program requirements in response to COVID‑19. Check the DSHS‑Related Waivers page for a current listing of active waivers.
The DSHS Consumer Protection Division has compiled the following guidance for business and industry in response to COVID‑19:
- Retail Foods:
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA):
- Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19)
- COVID‑19–Related Guidance Documents for Industry, FDA Staff, and Other Stakeholders
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19) Frequently Asked Questions – Food Products
- FDA Briefing for Foods Stakeholders on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19) Recording Held March 18, 2020
- Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick‑Up/Delivery Services During the COVID‑19 Pandemic
Businesses, employers, and employees can also find interim guidance for the COVID‑19 response on the CDC website:
- CDC Resources for Businesses & Employers
- CDC Reopening Guidance for Employers with Vulnerable Workers
- CDC Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes
- CDC Recommendations for Disinfecting Your Facility if Someone is Sick
- CDC Guidance for Critical Infrastructure Workers
- CDC Guidance for Mail & Parcel Delivery Drivers
- CDC Guidance for Meat/Poultry Processing Facilities
- CDC Testing Strategy for COVID-19 in High-Density Critical Infrastructure Workplaces
Additional information from the Department of State Health Services for businesses and employers can be found at https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/business.aspx.