We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Case Worker - COVID
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $17.06
- Posted Date:06/29/2020 9:15 AM
Would you LOVE to be part of our Epidemiology Team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a Case Worker - COVID!
This position is responsible for notifying members of the public who were exposed to patients diagnosed with infectious diseases. Assist with investigations and provide COVID resources. Initiate isolation protocols to limit further disease transmission. Role is specific to the Galveston County service area.
**THIS IS A FULL TIME, TEMPORARY POSITION THAT ENDS December 31, 2020**
We can offer you:
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $17.06
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- High School Diploma or GED
- College-level education preferred
- Advanced proficiency in English, additional languages would be advantageous
- Access to a telephone, computer, and reliable internet connection
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Express, as well as data entry
- Ability to comply with regulations and communicate official information in an appropriate manner
- Advanced ability to coordinate efforts, facilitate intervention, and maintain records
- Exceptional organizational skills and sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to assist distressed individuals from different cultural backgrounds
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Coordinating contact tracing efforts with Supervisors and Case Investigators from the Local Health Department
- Assist with COVID investigations
- Provide resources to the public and those exposed to COVID
- Conducting interviews in a professional manner that reflects emotional and cultural awareness
- Collecting and recording accurate information using Texas State Database software
- Calling newly diagnosed patients to identify individuals they had contact with and determining exposure
- Interviewing exposed contacts, assessing symptoms, and referring them for testing
- Providing contacts with regulated information on isolation and quarantine procedures
- Collaborating with designated local authorities in supporting the isolation and quarantine of individuals
- Maintaining ongoing virtual communication to monitor symptoms
- Facilitating health checks and test, as well as referring contacts to available community resources.
- Complying to all Health Department regulations, including those aimed at protecting personal information
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center