We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Nurse Case Manager - COVID
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Salary Rate: $45,176
- Posted Date:06/26/2020 3:10 PM
Would you LOVE to be part of our Community Health Services Department? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a Nurse Case Manager - COVID!
This position is responsible for case management for all positive cases of COVID19 with in Galveston County. In addition, the Patient Care Nurse Case Manager will oversee all questions and concerns of Galveston County community residents concerning COVID19 as applicable to patient care and by following CDC guidelines and recommendations. All duties should be executed in accordance with GCHD policies and procedures involving staff who coordinate care between COVID positive patients and area hospitals; and provide guidance to targeted patients with known high-risk health factors.
**THIS IS A FULL TIME, TEMPORARY POSITION THAT ENDS December 31, 2020**
We can offer you:
• Team-oriented environment
• Salary Rate: $45,176
• Schedule: Monday-Friday / 8am-5pm
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long-term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Currently licensed as an RN or LVN with the Texas Board of Nursing
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), Texas Medical Practice Act, and Nurse Practice Act immunization policies and procedures
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- CPR/Heartsaver Certification
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Calling positive COVID cases and checking their health status
- Notifying close contacts to positive COVID cases of their exposure
- Interviewing COVID cases
- Act as an Epi liaison
- Track all data on assigned work
- Make calls to patients/cases to assess condition and deem recovered, if appropriate, based on established criteria.
- Review patient/cases charts to see who is eligible for discharge based on CDC criteria
- Send letter/documentation reflecting CDC criteria met
- Answer medical questions from residents and COVID cases
- Assist with specimen collection for communicable diseases
- Refers patients to other health care sources as needed or identified
- Maintains daily documentation of interactions with patients
- Helps in control and follow-up of communicable diseases
- Works with staff to maintain optimum patient flow and maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area
- Keeps copies of patient education materials available
- Ensures patient information is protected according to HIPAA requirements
- Maintains current procedures on applicable ordinances, laws and acts affecting the proper disposal of medical waste
- Understands and follows GCHD Infection Control policies, plans, procedures, and guidelines related to program area requirements.
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center