We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
COVID Outreach Worker
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $18.63
- Posted Date:06/24/2020 11:46 AM
Do you want to make a difference in Galveston County? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a COVID Outreach Worker!
The right candidate will be responsible for promoting the health and well-being of residents in Galveston County, and outreach activities to raise awareness about COVID and COVID prevention in Galveston County.
We can offer you:
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $18.63
• Schedule: Monday – Friday
**THIS IS A FULL TIME, TEMPORARY POSITION THAT ENDS December 31, 2020**
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Bachelor’s degree in health promotion, Public Health, or a related field –OR- One (1) year experience in performing outreach activities and/or education in healthcare, epidemiology or public health preparedness may substitute for education.
· Current Community Health Certification preferred but not required.
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
· Experience in a local health department and/or any experience using population-based activities to address a public health concern is preferred.
· Experience in business, restaurant, or day care management is helpful
· Skill in providing prevention, wellness, and outreach programs.
· Ability to comprehend and educate on current high-risk health disparities.
· Ability to creatively plan and execute health promoting projects within and for the community.
· Ability to follow Standing Delegation Orders (SDOs) of a licensed physician and/or county health authority.
· Strong presentation skills, including public speaking, networking, and written communication skills a must.
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
· Customer Service Oriented.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Performs activities as outlined with an emphasis on GCHD Operation COVID-19 and Epidemiology response.
· Liaison with Galveston County Businesses, Daycares and Epidemiology staff to answer questions and assist in the creation of COVID Business and Daycare Plans
· Performs activities that mobilize community partnerships in identifying & solving community health problems
· Maintains monthly logs to provide accountability for services rendered
· Gathers and reports statistical data monthly on outreach completed
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County