We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Epidemiologist I (P/T)
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $22.66
- Posted Date:06/24/2020 12:46 PM
Would you LOVE to be part of our Epidemiology Team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking an Epidemiologist I - COVID!
This position is responsible for performing disease surveillance and investigations related to notifiable diseases/conditions, disease outbreaks and/or public health preparedness activities in Galveston County and other counties when requested by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
**THIS IS A PART TIME, TEMPORARY POSITION THAT ENDS December 31, 2020**
We can offer you:
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $22.66
• Schedule: Saturday-Tuesday (20 hours per week)
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Physical Science or a related field –OR–1 years of experience in tracking and investigating reportable health conditions
· Bilingual Spanish helpful, but not required
· Must have satisfactory DMV/MVR background check
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
· Customer Service Oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Investigate assigned reportable diseases/conditions, according to protocol, for analysis by the program director and diagnosis by the Local Health Authority (LHA)
· Research information and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Department of State Health Services (DSHS) on disease prevention, surveillance and outbreak control
· Develop and implement standard foodborne and waterborne disease outbreak investigation protocols.
· Monitor the health of Galveston County residents by active and passive surveillance of data during and after a hurricane
· Assist the program director in collecting and analyzing data and investigating activities and findings related to foodborne, waterborne and environmental disease outbreaks
· Report all foodborne, animal contact and waterborne disease outbreaks to NORS
· Assist with public health preparedness response readiness planning
· Develop health promotion materials to increase the public awareness of foodborne/waterborne disease and prevention measures
· Identify contacts through disease investigation (treated and untreated)
· Obtain and implement prevention and control strategies as directed by the program director and LHA
· Participate as a member of the 24/7 on-call team
· Review and abstract medical records, laboratory results, and other documents from health care providers
· Inform and educate target population, local epidemiology contacts, and public health professionals via, I- info notification system preparing memorandums and public health information for dissemination after approval
· Attend meetings and training, as assigned and required by the grant
· Prepare monthly reports required by the grant
· Act as liaison and establish rapport with medical facilities and other stakeholders involved in disease reporting and surveillance activities, as needed
· Serve as backup to the Epidemiologist III when needed
· May require periodic overnight travel and long hours/overtime during disease outbreaks, emergency situations or public health disasters
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County