We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Community Health Worker
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$38,761
- Posted Date:05/20/2020 4:11 PM
Do you want to make a difference in Galveston County? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a Community Health Worker!
The right candidate will be responsible for a variety of services that promote the health and well-being of community populations in Galveston County.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Annual Salary: $38,761 (exempt position)
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in health promotion or other related field required
- Current Community Health Certification preferred
- 1-3+ years of employment experience in working with Community Health Projects
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Experience in a local health department and/or any experience using population-based activities to address a public health concern is preferred
- Frontline public health workers who have a close understanding of the community they serve
- Skill in providing prevention, wellness and outreach programs
- Ability to comprehend and educate on current high-risk health disparities
- Ability to creatively plan and execute health promoting projects within and for the community
- Ability to follow Standing Delegation Orders (SDOs) of a licensed physician and/or county health authority
- Strong presentation skills, including public speaking, networking and written communication skills a must
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Performs activities as outlined by the GCHD Local Funding grant including, but not limited to, GCHD Operation COVID, GCHD’s HEAL initiative, participate in community health activities, GCHD Flu campaign and Back to School Immunizations campaign, etc.
- Adheres to current grant requirements that call for activities that mobilize community partnerships in identifying & solving community health problems
- Maintains monthly logs to provide accountability for services rendered
- Gathers and reports statistical data monthly on outreach completed
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221www.gchd.org