We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$55,000
- Posted Date:05/19/2020 4:07 PM
Join our GCHD’s team! Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a Contract Analyst!
The right candidate will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and maintaining all contractual agreements for the Galveston County Health District, Galveston Area Ambulance Authority and Coastal Health & Wellness (collectively referred to as the “District”).
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Annual Salary: $55,000 (exempt position)
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, or other related field required.
- 3 years’ experience in grant and contract administration, with specific duties related to writing and interpreting contracts and/or other legal documents required.
- Knowledge of contract law and federal agency grant/contract regulations required.
- CPCM from the National Contract Management Association or CTCM from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts accreditation preferred.
- Experience in public/governmental sector preferred.
- Must have knowledge of web-based locations of applicable laws, rules and regulations impacting the organization and of resources for guidance to public health and healthcare organizations.
- Excellent organization, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Possess the ability to take complex information and present it in a way that is easy to understand.
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations specific to government and/or healthcare compliance
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates terms and conditions of all contracts, agreements or grants entered on behalf of the District.
- Analyzes agreements and contracts to identify risks, liabilities or gaps in information, and works with the appropriate manager to resolve any issues.
- Maintains the District’s contract database, which includes uploading new agreements, archiving expired agreements and monitoring contract expiration dates to ensure that timely action is taken regarding the renewal or termination of contractual arrangements.
- Prepares and submits a report of all contracts executed for the month for inclusion in the monthly executive reports to the Board(s).
- Remains up to date on federal/state contract regulations.
- Provides guidance to District staff regarding questions on contract language and requirements to mitigate risks.
- Tracks legislative changes and works with appropriate management to facilitate implementation
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please