We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
EMS Training Officer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$62,008
- Posted Date:05/13/2020 2:22 PM
This classification is responsible for all aspects of GAAA employee training and tracking including new employee orientation, Field Training Officer program and representing GAAA Administration at internal and external meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
- Develops training curriculum and training manuals for non-emergency and emergency medical personnel with Medical Director approval.
- Serves as continuing education course coordinator for all for non-emergency and emergency medical personnel.
- Develops training for current and new equipment, protocols, and any updates.
- Maintains GAAA Standard Operation Guidelines with most current policies and procedures.
- Designs information-gathering and record keeping forms for tracking purposes.
- Participates in the design, implementation and evaluation of research studies for the EMS system.
- Collaborates with Medical Director and Compliance in the investigation of research protocols to determine application feasibility in the EMS system.
- Develops and formulates policy and procedure guidelines for a Field Training Officer program including training manuals, information-gathering and record keeping forms for non-emergency and emergency personnel.
- Researches industry related publications and information related to training development and techniques with implementation plans.
- Represents the department in interinstitutional meetings regarding EMS education with other services and schools.
- Fosters relationships with EMS-related companies, training organizations, associations.
- Attend community coalition meetings and conducts community outreach activities specific to EMS.
- Coordinates EMS unit response to special events.
- Assists the EMS Director during disaster in accordance with federal, state, and local laws; rules and policies adopted by the United Board of Health; and operational procedures established by management.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by one (1) year of experience as a Paramedic or EMT and one (1) year of experience as a trainer or educator; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Prefers an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management Services, Fire Science, Public or Business Administration.
Requires State of Texas EMT-Paramedic Certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds.
- Work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships.
- Communicate effectively, clearly, concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing).
- Consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude.
- Consistently maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public.
- Manage and coordinate activities and projects.
- Function independently.
- Exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- Be flexible to shift priorities.
- Maintain confidentially and adhere to HIPAA.
- Receive constructive feedback in a positive manner.
- Be available to accept new assignments to meet disaster-related Health District responsibilities.
- Work towards goals and objectives of the Strategic Health Plan.
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the policies, mission, vision, and values of the organization.