We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
ARC - Administrative Assistant
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $16.10
- Posted Date:01/28/2020 11:00 AM
Would you LOVE to become a part of our Animal Resource Center Team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking an Administrative Assistant!
The right candidate will be responsible for all administrative functions of the Animal Resource Center.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Paid Time Off plans, Affordable Medical Insurance, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $16.10
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 1+ years of administrative assistant experience
- Experience with cash handling including deposits is helpful, but not required
- Experience in animal control or working with animals is helpful, but not required
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (word, excel, etc.) and operation of a database system
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Provide administrative support to the supervisor including, but not limited to, typing, filing, etc
- Will handle database management
- Will maintain registrations
- Will order supplies
- Will perform routine clerical, receptionist, and dispatch duties according to policy
- Collect fees and issue receipts according to policy
- Maintain cash and prepare daily deposits
- Responsible for assisting with database management and entering information into the animal services database daily
- Create requisitions, receive, order and control office and shelter supplies and inventory
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the front adoption lobby including, but not limited to work and counter area, seating area and floors
- Receive animal complaint calls and dispatch animal control field officers
- Keep a complete and accurate log of all animal control calls received, dispatched, and the disposition of calls
- Create adoption packets and any paperwork needed for adoption events
- Update and manage rescue group and foster paperwork and databases
- Maintain follow up for spay/neuter with rescue groups and adopted animals
- Process donations and thank you letters
- Manage Sponsor-A-Heart and Heal-A-Heart fund balances
- Update and manage microchip registrations, county registrations, spay/neuter appointments, and citations and mailings
- Assist in daily operation of the Animal Resource Center including, but not limited to, preparation of monthly and quarterly reports
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221