We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Part-time Dental Hygienist
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:• Hourly Rate: Based on experience
- Posted Date:08/06/2019 9:15 AM
Do you want to be the reason someone smiles today? Would you LOVE to assist our dentists in making someone’s smile perfect? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Part-time Dental Hygienist!
The right candidate will be responsible for working with dentists using specialized equipment and materials to properly treat patients and provide a variety of comprehensive services in the Coastal Health & Wellness ambulatory dental clinics.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: Based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Completion of a dental hygienist training program
- Licensed to practice as a dental hygienist in the State of Texas
- 2+ years related experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of scaling/prophylaxis, root planning, sealants, fluoride application
- Must have knowledge of dental techniques, use of dental equipment, dental instruments, dental x-ray equipment and developing processes, proper infection control techniques, sterilization techniques, sterilizers/autoclaves, and dental vacuum systems
- CPR certification
- Must biennially collect a minimum of twenty-four hours of appropriate continuing education, as required by the Occupations Code at Section 257.005, and the TSBDE Rules and Regulations at Chapter 104 after your first biennial renewal and before each subsequent renewal
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Provide direct patient care and dental services as trained, licensed and assigned
- Assess dental condition and needs of patient using approved patient screening procedures, including medical history review, dental charting and periodontal charting
- Evaluate overall oral health, examining oral cavity for signs of periodontal disease or possible cancers, including recessed & bleeding gums, and oral lesions
- Document dental history or chief complaint
- Record and report pertinent observations and patient reactions to dentists, as appropriate
- Follow through with oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment plans prescribed by the attending dentist
- Procedures may include: Prophylaxis, periodontal scaling, root planning, debridement, supra and sub gingival scaling and curettage, application of fluoride treatments, and application of protective sealants
- Assist with or initiate emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients
- Help patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- Utilize the requisite tools, systems, technology and equipment in the collection of patient data and records management
- Educate patients in oral hygiene and dental care, including proper tooth brushing, flossing, nutrition and need for professional care
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of dentistry procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the organization in promoting dental health
- Interact positively with a diverse patient population
- Provide service in a manner that is appropriate for the patient’s age
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s physical, psychosocial, educational and safety needs
- Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements.
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste.
- Prepares and sterilizes dental instruments per manufacturer’s recommended schedule and Dental Department and Infection Control guidelines.
- Properly lubricates and sterilizes dental hand pieces
- Completes annual training for all Dental Department sterilization equipment to include maintenance, workflow, and observation/assessment
- Adhere to job specific competencies within established departmental deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County