We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Clerk-Environmental Health Services
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:• Hourly Rate: $12.69-$13.07
- Posted Date:07/30/2019 1:24 PM
Do you want to be part of an organization that is helping your community? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Clerk for our Environmental Health Services Department!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing clerical support to the Consumer Health and Air & Water Pollution Control Services.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $12.69-$13.07
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 1+ year experience in a general office setting, which includes basic office skills (file, multi-task, etc.)
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Notary helpful
- Ability to use office machines and equipment such as multi-line telephones, fax machines, voicemail, personal computers, printers, and copiers
- Ability to perform simple accounting skills
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office (especially typing in data bases and Excel)
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Prepare court complaints, letters and reports for program staff and notarize if necessary
- Assign new septic permits to appropriate staff
- Check for any existing plans, building permits and affidavits and attach
- Assign permit numbers and make copies of approved septic permits and fax copies to building department
- Prepare notices of violations of applicable state, county, and health district regulations and mail to appropriate persons
- File inspection reports, maintenance contracts, correspondence, etc. for inspectors
- Receive and receipt funds for permits, rat bait, lab samples, etc.
- Research Internet sites (CAD, white/yellow pages, people finders) to locate property owners and correct mailing addresses
- Data Entry in DECADE system including issuing permits, Daily Activity Reports, new establishments, closing establishments, payment information, mailing address changes, etc.
- Enter complaints, enter and process certificates for Certified Food Managers and Swimming Pool Operators courses
- Enter data into databases for Surface Application Systems, Permit Logs, On-site Logs, Certified Mail, and Temporary Events
- Use various merge documents with databases to create notices, charges, forms, etc.
- Post all outgoing mail for the Health District and keep daily records and prepare monthly report for accounting
- Maintain confidentiality regarding telephone calls, complaint reports, and other information, processes or data that are, or would be, sensitive or damaging to individuals or the Health District if made public or not properly safeguarded
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221