We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:• Hourly Rate: $21.90-$23.73 (based on experience)
- Posted Date:07/25/2019 11:14 AM
Do you want to be part of an organization that is helping your county? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Environmental Investigator-Basic!
The right candidate will be responsible for assisting in the countywide Air and Water Pollution Services program through the multimedia investigation, enforcement and abatement of illegal air emissions, wastewater discharges and other pollution sources.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, affordable Medical Insurance, rich Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $21.90-$23.73 (based on experience)
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in one of the basic or natural sciences, or a specific environmental study or science degree
- 1+ years of experience working with environmental rules, regulations and laws, practices, control techniques, use of environmental monitoring equipment and technical aspects of pollution control is preferred
- 40hr HAZWOPER Certification (must be obtained within one year of employment and renewed annually)
- Ability to use office machines and equipment such as multi-line telephones, fax machines, voicemail, personal computers, printers, and copiers
- Experience writing technical reports preferred
- Self-starter, Exercise sound judgment and initiative
- Quick learner that can adapt to new processes and procedures easily
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented with the ability to effectively provide services to people of various backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Assist in the countywide Air and Water Pollution Services program through the multimedia investigation, enforcement and abatement of illegal air emissions, wastewater discharges and other pollution sources
- Investigates citizen complaints concerning air and water quality issues
- Schedules inspections at pollution sources to determine compliance with all applicable federal, state and/or local rules, regulations, laws or ordinances and applicable permit requirements
- Monitoring of the ambient air and storm water sampling of conveyance systems
- Conducts grease and/or grit trap inspections
- Documents violations and describes any necessary corrective actions
- Composes complete and accurate written reports on the results of investigations, inspections and monitoring events
- Completes all data entry requirements
- Maintains division workload tracking system
- Prepares court cases and compiles all necessary documentation for enforcement referral
- Provides environmental quality data and information to other agencies and the general public
- Properly maintains and calibrates all field instruments
- Each environmental investigator will maintain a specialized area of expertise with regard to industrial inspections
- Provide technical guidance to municipal and industrial entities
- Perform laboratory analysis and data interpretation
- Provide testimony at court hearings when requested
- Organized, able to multi-task, meet deadlines while maintaining work quality and have good time management
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221