We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Public Health Nurse (RN)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate: $58,163.30 - $59,908.16
- Posted Date:07/02/2019 11:51 AM
Would you LOVE to use your nursing skills in assisting Galveston County residents? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Public Health Nurse (Registered Nurse)!
The right candidate will be responsible for a variety of public health nursing services that benefit community populations in Galveston County.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, affordable Medical Insurance, rich Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Salary Rate: $58,163.30 - $59,908.16
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Current RN licensure by the Texas Board of Nursing
- 1+ years of employment experience as a Registered Nurse
- Experience in a local health department and/or any experience using population-based activities to address a public health concern is preferred
- Skill in providing clinical nursing assessments and routine nursing procedures
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment and reasoning in the assessment of patients
- Ability to follow Standing Delegation Orders (SDOs) of a licensed physician and/or county health authority
- Public speaking and presentation background
- Current CPR Certification
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Perform activities as outlined by the DSHS Preventative Health Services Block grant including, but not limited to, participate in community health activities, GCHD Flu campaign and Back to School Immunizations campaign, etc.
- Adhere to current grant requirements that call for activities that mobilize community partnerships in identifying & solving community health problems
- Actively promote monthly health and wellness activities for GCHD staff
- Perform nursing duties which aid in the protection and promotion of the public's health
- Perform other clinical tasks as designated by the Local Health Authority under Standing Delegation Orders (SDOs) in accordance with the Texas Medical Board and Nursing Board
- Perform immunizations at designated clinics
- Perform direct observed therapy and clinical care for tuberculosis patients
- Perform home visits including home assessments for elevated blood lead levels
- Maintain monthly logs to provide accountability for services rendered
- Gather and report statistical data monthly on outreach completed
- Provide orientation, education, and supervision of staff nurses, students and auxiliary workers and volunteers on Public Health and the role of Public Health Nurses
- Assist with Tuberculosis, STI Express Clinic and Immunization Program areas
- Must be willing to perform phlebotomy (blood draws), sputum collections, urine analysis collection
- Understands and follows GCHD Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221