We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
WIC Site Supervisor/Nutritionist
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $20.95-$21.58
- Posted Date:08/28/2019 11:56 AM
Would you LOVE to become a part of our WIC Team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a WIC Site Supervisor/Nutritionist!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing WIC services at WIC clinical and satellite sites.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $20.95-$21.58
• Location: Position requires rotating between Dickinson and Galveston WIC offices
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Nutritionist with a bachelor’s degree in: Human Nutrition or dietetics; community nutrition; clinical nutrition
- Home Economics with Food and Nutrition major (24-hour credit in human food and nutrition)
- – OR– Currently licensed to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of Texas with 2+ years related work experience
- 1+ years’ experience as a Supervisor
- 1 + years’ experience as a Nutritionist
- Knowledge of basic nutrition information
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Be Department of State health SHS approved as a Certifying Authority (CA) within 6 months of employment
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Determines nutritional risk conditions using VENA guidelines
- Prescribes EBT food benefits and low risk nutrition education
- Assures that program policies and procedures are fully implemented and maintained at site level
- Evaluates and determines client eligibility/ineligibility for the WIC Program in accordance with WIC guidelines
- Provides individual nutrition counseling to the WIC clients at certification
- Determines automated food delivery benefits using Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) codes according to the individual needs of the clients
- Prepares and delivers education meetings and assists in delivery of nutrition education classes in the WIC sites and satellite sites
- Submits required program reports, according to policy, in a timely manner
- Assists in the coordination of the community outreach activities
- Assists with vendor evaluation and investigation as well as handles complaints in accordance with program polices
- Screens immunization records to obtain immunization status
- Acts as backup for conducting hemoglobin or hematocrit test (blood test) or screening weights and heights on applicable WIC clients in accordance with WIC guidelines
- Performs quality assurance duties as assigned by supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221