We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Bilingual Medical Aide
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:• Hourly Rate: $15.02
- Posted Date:07/11/2019 2:07 PM
Would you LOVE to assist providers in making our county the healthiest it can be? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new bilingual Medical Aide!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing medical assistance to providers, assisting with patient flow and medical issues; following clinic protocols and providing excellent customer-friendly care to patients.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, Affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $15.02
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Completion of Medical Assistant training program –OR- 1+ years of experience performing Medical Assistant duties in a medical facility such as a community health center, clinic, or doctor’s office
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Current CPR
- Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant preferred
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- In accordance with established clinic redesign procedures, prepares patients and documents in the electronic medical record for provider visit
- Meets with providers at beginning of each day to anticipate patient needs such as lab work and screening tests
- Stocks exam rooms with non-expired supplies
- Takes and records vital signs (manual blood pressure) including pain scale and chief complaint in electronic medical record
- Weighs and measures infants, children, and adults
- Conducts hearing and vision screening, leap foot exams and EKGS, and records in electronic medical record
- Assists provider with physical exam including ear lavage
- With parent consent, assists with restraining infants/children for injections
- Performs approved waived lab tests as trained and performs appropriate controls on waived tests as assigned by the charge nurse
- Performs medication administration under the medical director’s orders
- Works cooperatively with staff in all CHW’S clinic service areas to enhance productivity and patient flow, decrease patient waiting times, and implement approved redesign procedures
- Communicates open rooms to the charge nurse
- May translate information to and from patients, their family members, and staff
- Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste
- Adhere to job specific competencies within established departmental deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County