We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Unit Receptionist I - Dental
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:• Hourly Rate: $12.68-$13.39
- Posted Date:07/11/2019 2:09 PM
Would you LOVE to assist in making our county the healthiest it can be? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Unit Receptionist I for our Dental Office!
The right candidate will be responsible front office work including, but not limited to, greeting; answering phones and directing callers to the most appropriate area; processing clinical paperwork; and updating the system or electronic records with updated patient contact information. In addition, cross train with Electronic Record Specialist, Medical Unit Receptionist, Check Out, Contact Center and Insurance Verification Specialist.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, Rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $12.68-$13.39
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 1+ year work experience in a medical or dental clinic setting
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Must be able to work at both clinic Texas City and Galveston locations
- Must be able to work late clinic hours and Saturday clinic on a rotation
- Must be able to be flexible to meet daily shift priorities
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Verifying Insurance and CHW Discounted Services eligibility prior to scheduling appointments
- Scheduling appointments and changing the rendering providers as needed (i.e. denture contracts, follow-up appt.)
- Printing appointment list
- Printing dental labels and delivering the patient care cards to the assigned provider operatory
- Organizing dental clinic documents including faxes, labs, phone calls, patient information, etc.
- Processing dental patient paperwork
- Updating the dental electronic system with updated patient contact information
- Prepares and manages data for dental clinic reports
- Makes copies and distributes copies of schedules to each treatment room
- Maintaining copies of Coastal Health & Wellness approved forms and literature for dentists and staff to use in patient care
- Translating as needed in business area only (Bilingual position)
- Maintains patient confidentiality when handling protected health information
- Shred necessary documents to comply with HIPAA privacy act
- Assist dental staff to ensure compliance with HIPAA laws and regulations
- Scans documents and any necessary information into patient’s electronic record
- Enters patient data into computer system and tracks clinic flow
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County