We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$67,309.06 - $69,328.22
- Posted Date:06/03/2019 9:38 AM
Would you LOVE to lead our Lab & X-Ray team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Lab Supervisor!
The right candidate will be responsible for managing staff and all lab and x-ray operations of the two CHW clinics, including digital x-rays, specimen collections/phlebotomy, and lab services available through contract.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, Rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Salary Rate: $67,309.06 - $69,328.22
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long-term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of management/supervisory experience in a clinic or laboratory setting required
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) or eligible for certification through ASCP, with at least two years lab tech experience
- Valid CPR/Heartsaver certification
- 1+ year of experience using NextGen or a similar electronic medical record system strongly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must comply with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must comply with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Supervises staff performance of lab tests per protocols
- Supervises activities of X-Ray Lead/Radiation Safety Officer
- Trains staff to perform tests in accordance with written procedures, assures specimens are properly collected and processed for testing by contract lab(s), reviews lab procedures for accuracy and recommends changes when appropriate
- Reviews lab reports for accuracy and completeness
- Tracks critical lab results to ensure they are followed up by providers
- Tracks timely receipt of all results, assists in maintaining all equipment/instruments to ensure they are properly functioning
- Troubleshoots all laboratory equipment on an as needed basis
- Writes laboratory procedures
- Keeps all protocols updated with CHW Medical Director
- Maintains certification requirements for laboratory
- Assures laboratory meets guidelines for CLIA, TJC and DSHS inspections
- Requests clinical lab and X-ray supplies and equipment and supervises their storage and distribution
- Assures all quality control activities are preformed and documented
- Reports quality issues and adverse occurrences promptly to supervisor and/or the Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Committee
- Assures that reportable condition information per lab results is reported promptly to GCHD Epidemiology and STD/HIV programs
- Attends internal CHW managerial meetings
- May reconcile services performed with vendor bills or statements
- Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Participates in both Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Committee and the Infectious Disease Control Committee
- Responsible for ensuring all bio-hazardous waste generated by lab is disposed of properly
- Adhere to job specific competencies within established departmental deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County