We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Consumer Health Inspector
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $17.95-$20.96
- Posted Date:06/11/2019 10:41 AM
Join our Public Health team! Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Consumer Health Inspector!
The right candidate will be responsible for conducting inspections, providing technical assistance and investigating complaints regarding applicable establishments.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, Affordable Medical Insurance, rich Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $17.95-$20.96 based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least thirty (30) hours in basic or applied science from an accredited college or university (Transcripts must be included with application for consideration)
- Registered as a Professional Sanitarian or Sanitarian-in-Training with the State of Texas –OR- or two years paid full-time experience in sanitation, sanitary inspections, environmental hazards, environmental inspections, or issuing city or county permits preferred
- Must become a Registered Professional Sanitarian in Texas within 30 months from date of hire or within six months of being eligible for Registration as a Professional Sanitarian in Texas, whichever comes first
- Ability to use office machines and equipment such as multi-line telephones, fax machines, voicemail, personal computers, printers, and copiers
- Ability to use basic computer skills and learn how to use inspection and database management program
- Ability to write accurate technical reports
- Ability to interact effectively with the general public under what may be stressful situations
- Ability to make difficult decisions based on regulatory guidelines and departmental policies
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Inspects food service establishments (including reviewing and approving construction and remodeling plans); public and semi-public swimming pools; on-site sanitary facilities; and childcare facilities
- Issues permits to operate food service establishments, swimming pools, to construct wastewater disposal systems
- Investigates public health nuisance complaints and provides corrective action(s)
- Investigates complaints of food borne illness and unsanitary conditions at food establishments
- Prepares documentation for court actions on regulated locations
- Prepares reports on inspection findings, outlines violations of regulations, and recommends corrective action
- Promotes public education of sanitary practices
- Prepares daily activity reports on inspections
- Provides data to the Consumer Health Services Program Manager and Assistant Manager outlining work completed during any requested period of time
- Prepares accurate technical reports
- Disseminates consumer health and/or environmental data as necessary
- Investigate consumer health complaints
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221