We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Immunization Clerk I
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly: $12.44-$12.81
- Posted Date:04/26/2019 9:04 AM
Would you LOVE to use your outstanding Customer Service skills in assisting Galveston County residents? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Immunization Clerk I!
The right candidate will be responsible for performing clerical immunization duties.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $12.44-$12.81
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in data entry and routine business skills such as: typing, copying, faxing, and processing paperwork
- Knowledge of the immunization schedules preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- CPR/Heartsaver Certification preferred
- Cash handling experience helpful
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Educates clients on the benefits of enrolling in ImmTrac
- Obtains consent for ImmTrac
- Enters current shots and histories into ImmTrac
- Registers clients for services and enters data into appropriate computer programs
- Acts as the cashier and handles cash in accordance with GCHD procedures, takes payments; cash, check, and credit card payments
- Determines client eligibility for state supplied vaccines in accordance with the Texas Vaccine for Children eligibility criteria
- Processes insurances for billing of services that are accepted by GCHD
- Screens clients for immunizations
- Obtains informed consent.
- Screens the shot records of clients 2 years of age and under who use the Health District Immunization Clinics in order to determine who needs to be reminded of upcoming shots and who needs recall for overdue shots
- Uses the DSHS recommended immunization schedules to determine immunization needs
- Enters all data into the TWICES computer program and uses ImmTrac to check for additional shot records
- Utilizes CoCASA software to obtain percent of children up to date on shots and find records on delinquent children
- Tracks clients and contacts them by mail, telephone, or home visits
- Promotes and encourages use of available immunization resources to individuals and families
- Documents information appropriately in records, logs, and via computer entry
- Maintains strict confidentiality pertaining to medical records and sensitive information
- Provides immunization information and referrals, to clients, private doctors, primary clinic staff, or any other agency requiring assistance or information concerning immunizations
- Compiles data necessary for creating reports for the office
- Keeps inventory of clinic supplies and submits supply requisitions
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221www.gchd.org