We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Clinical Compliance Coordinator
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$64,055.94-$65,977.60
- Posted Date:04/24/2019
Do you want to use your knowledge and help implement our EMS quality assurance program? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Clinical Compliance Coordinator!
The right candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a state approved quality assurance plan.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, affordable Medical Insurance, rich Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Salary Range: $64,055.94 - $65,977.60
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Must have 4+ years experience as a Paramedic in EMS operations with 2+ years experience as a Paramedic in charge of an EMS team AND/OR four years full-time experience as an RN in emergency care
- Licensed or Certified as an Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic in the State of Texas with no unresolved complaints with DSHS AND/OR current License as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Associates of Science, Associate of Arts, or equivalent degree is helpful, but not required
- Experience in administering an EMS Ambulance Service’s Quality Assurance program AND/OR 1+ years of experience coordinating and providing training programs to medics
- Current certification as an EMS Instructor or Coordinator by the Texas Department of State Health Services is helpful, but not required
- Knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures and applications of first aid, use, maintenance, security, and inventory of drugs, supplies, equipment and medical records
- Knowledge of EMS protocol and state laws regarding scope of practice, emergency medical care and EMS Treatment Protocols sufficient to allow the EMS Medical Director to certify the candidate "Protocol Certified"
- Basic knowledge of ambulance operations, emergency vehicles, use and maintenance of all required emergency medical equipment, local and state requirements pertaining to continuing education programs, operation of ambulances and rescue vehicles, as well as basic risk management and safety strategies
- Must have satisfactory DMV/MVR and criminal background check
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Develop and implement an approved quality assurance program as directed by the EMS Medical Director and in accordance with Texas Department of State Health & Human Services regulations
- Assure policies, procedures, standard of patient care and the medical director’s protocols are followed
- Assure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations and all local ordinances at all times
- Assure current protocols, equipment, supplies and medications are maintained on each response ready and in-service vehicle
- Assure all personnel are currently certified/licensed, HIPAA guidelines are followed and recommended training of staff is consistent with quality assurance findings
- Assure patient care records are completed accurately and patient care reports are received by the facility receiving the patient
- Assure pharmaceutical storage requirements are adhered to, based on established procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221