We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Immunizations Program Nurse
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:• Hourly Rate: $19.50-$20.09
- Posted Date:04/01/2019 3:25 PM
Join our Immunizations Department! Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Immunizations Program Nurse!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing customer friendly immunization services.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $19.50-$20.09
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Currently licensed as an RN or LVN with the Texas Board of Nursing
- 1 year+ of experience as an RN or LVN working with children
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), Texas Medical Practice Act, and Nurse Practice Act immunization policies and procedures
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful
- CPR/Heartsaver Certification (Must successfully complete CPR certification within 6 months of employment)
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Screens immunizations records to obtain immunization status
- Administers appropriate medications/tests as indicated by standing orders and patient eligibility
- Refers clients to other health care sources as need is identified
- Maintains daily documentation of immunizations given according to local and state policies
- Provides assistance in control and follow-up of communicable diseases including, but not limited to tuberculosis
- Completes assigned immunization audits and educational visits at daycares, schools, and provider offices
- Conduct case management of HBsAg-positive mothers and their infants according to the Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program guidelines
- Works with staff to maintain optimum patient flow and maintain a clean, safe, and orderly clinic
- Tracks inventory and maintains adequate supplies of private vaccines, state supplied vaccines, and clinic supplies
- Keeps copies of patient education materials available
- Ensures patient information is protected
- Maintains current procedures on applicable ordinances, laws and acts affecting the proper disposal of medical waste
- Verifies accuracy of the Immunization Clerk cash deposits and cash banks
- Reviews the Immunization Clerk activities of determining eligibility, collecting fees, client check in, and data entry
- Provides immunization orientation and education to new staff, students, and volunteers
- Provides direction and guidance to the Immunization Clerks
- Understands and follows GCHD Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221www.gchd.org