We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Salary Rate: Based on experience
- Posted Date:10/02/2019 10:43 AM
Do you LOVE caring for the health and well-being of people? Would you LOVE to provide care for residents in Galveston County? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Physician!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing primary healthcare services as a credentialed, licensed physician within Coastal Health & Wellness of the Galveston County Health District.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, Rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Salary Rate: Based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Active, unrestricted Texas MD or DO license.
- Completion of an accredited primary care residency program and current Board certification in a primary care specialty.
- Experience providing primary care in a public health or community clinic setting is helpful but not required.
- Familiarity and comfort with motivational interviewing and engaging patients in setting goals as it applies to primary healthcare.
- Experience and willingness to work as a member of the healthcare team within a patient centered medical home.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours with advance notice.
- Experience with the breadth of primary healthcare which includes:
- wellness and preventive care to include sexual and reproductive care
- evaluation and management of chronic health conditions
- evaluation and management of acute health conditions
- evaluation and management of basic mental and behavioral health conditions
- evaluation and basic management of substance use disorders including but not limited to nicotine, opioid, stimulant, sedative and alcohol dependence or abuse
- Current DEA certification.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is helpful but not required.
- We have two clinics approximately 15 miles apart.Occasionally but uncommonly staff will have unexpected reassignment and candidate must have ready access to a vehicle and driver’s license for this purpose.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least one years’ experience using a comprehensive electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Elicit accurate and comprehensive patient history to include current, past, surgical, family and social history.
- Have a working understanding of social determinants of health that impact our patients.
- Perform appropriate and skilled physical examinations pertinent to the presenting situation.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests that support accurate and appropriate management of the health conditions in primary health care.
- Provide evidence-based preventive healthcare guidance and management.
- Judicious, safe and evidence-based medication prescribing practices.
- Judicious, safe and evidence-based prescription of non-medication therapeutics to include physical and occupational health and durable medical equipment.
- Provide appropriate and timely referrals for subspecialty care.
- Use of NextGen, our electronic medical record.
- Provide appropriate continuity of care.
- Perform primary medical procedures according to privileges issued.
- Perform evidence-based screening and management of sexually transmitted infections to include guidance for prevention.
- Evaluate and manage patient centered contraception.
- Document all patient contact accurately, legibly, and timely within the medical record.
- Actively engage in care improvement processes within the patient centered medical home.
- Consistently adhere to GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain active board certification.
- Satisfactorily perform medical staff assignments designed to demonstrate appropriate skills and evidence-based knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County