We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate: Hourly Rate: $21.89-$22.46
- Posted Date:04/03/2019 10:46 AM
Would you LOVE to assist in making our county the healthiest it can be? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to join our Case management Team!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing clinical nursing services for the Substance Use Disorder Program within the CHW clinic.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, Rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $21.89-$22.46
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Licensed to practice as an LVN in the State of Texas
- 1-year general nursing experience required
- Preferred-Minimum 1- year experience in substance use setting or other psychiatric setting
- Must have knowledge of adult and child learning principles, psychiatric and ambulatory nursing practices and procedures, and community resources
- Bilingual in English/Spanish Preferred
- Current CPR
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Under the direction of the CHW Medical Director/Medical Provider, provides nursing assessments for new and established patients in the SUD program, including patient history, vital signs and medication history
- Documents all nursing activities in electronic health record (EHR) and assists medical provider in completing all medical documentation needed to provide health care to patients within the EHR
- Assesses patient’s response to medications and reports to medical provider
- Monitors any report of withdrawal s/s and reports to provider
- Conducts POC testing as directed by medical provider
- Provides case management services to clients from initial entry into program throughout time of participation
- Makes educational and motivational follow up calls to patients
- Provides orientation, education and supervision of inexperienced staff nurses, students, auxiliary workers and volunteers
- May serve on clinical teams
- Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste
- Adhere to job specific competencies within established departmental deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County