We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Immunizations Program Manager
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Salary Rate: $67,953.34 - $69,992.00
- Posted Date:03/08/2019 12:40 PM
Would you LOVE to oversee our Immunizations Department? Are you ready for the challenge?
The Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Immunizations Program Manager (RN)!
The right candidate will be responsible for responsible for the oversight and management of all components of the GCHD Immunization Program.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Salary Rate: $67,953.34 - $69,992.00
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Current RN licensure by the Texas Board of Nursing
- Current CPR Certification
- 2+ years of experience in supervising staff
- Excellent presentation skills and/or training background and/or experience and understanding of adult learning principles
- Must be familiar with the operations of a healthcare organization; current trends and changes within the healthcare industry; and state and federal compliance and regulatory standards
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Oversees operations of the Immunization program in clinic and outreach settings
- Oversees staff case management of Hepatitis B positive mothers and infants
- Oversees immunization audits of childcare facilities and schools
- Maintains an educated provider base in Galveston County to administer vaccines for the Texas Vaccines for Children Program
- Maintains adequate storage for large amounts of vaccine
- Oversees ImmTrac program
- Acts as a resource for GCHD employees and VFC providers on current immunization practices
- Communicates regularly with the state and regional DSHS Immunization programs to ensure GCHD is in compliance with all requirements
- Oversees operations of the Texas Vaccines for Children Program
- Oversees technical competency of nurses administering immunizations in the Immunization Clinic.
- Offers technical assistance to immunization providers in Galveston County via classes, trainings, emails, mail outs, and phone calls.
- Tracks immunizations and tuberculosis testing on all GCHD employees according to the GCHD Employee Immunization Policy
- Provides orientation, education and supervision of staff nurses, students, auxiliary workers and volunteers
- Gathers and reports statistical data monthly
- Maintains current procedures on applicable ordinances, laws and acts affecting the proper disposal of medical waste
- Works with Chief Nursing officer to assess program effectiveness and efficiency, to identify barriers, to develop improvement plans, to design special outreach programs in the community, etc.
- Understands and follows GCHD Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221www.gchd.org