We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
IT Network Security Engineer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$71,400-$73,542
- Posted Date:03/06/2019 3:58 PM
Our IT department needs someone with strong analytical skills to join their team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new IT Network Security Engineer II!
The right candidate will be responsible for analyzing external and internal threats in order to protect sensitive data within the organizations network. The Network Security Engineer II is responsible for insuring all networks have adequate security to prevent unauthorized access. This position will be a primary resource for IP/MPLS/Ethernet network design for the Health District and provides interpretation and explanation of various policies, procedures, rules, work methods, services, etc.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Rich Paid Time Off plans, Affordable Medical Insurance, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Salary Rate: $71,400-$73,542
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Associates degree in related field - OR - System-specific technical certifications may be considered a substitution for an Associate degree
- Experience in IT security, infrastructure or applications may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis
- 3 years’ experience in Network Management & Security
- 2 years’ experience in managing and deploying Cisco and HP Aruba Network products
- 2 years’ experience with ability to design and manipulate new and existing IP/MPLS/Ethernet networks used for data and voice communications
- Experience with Cisco or comparable routers, security appliances, L2/L3 switches and high-availability network design
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or Information Technology is required. Master degree is a plus.
- 5+ years technical hands-on security experience
- Experience with firewall technologies, IPS/IDS, VPN, SIEM, netflow, NAC, vulnerability scanning tools, URL filtering, DLP and other security tools
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity and Risk Management frameworks such as COBIT, NIST and ISO 27001 is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyze and correlate large amounts of forensic data from various network, operating system, application, and security devices, logs, and alerts
- Experience in security incident handling, operations and forensics preferred
- Experience in handling security for a large enterprise network or service provider network preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to present and communicate clearly with technical and non-technical staff as well as senior management
- Ability and willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned
- Security/Network certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, OSCP, CCNA and SANS GIAC is a plus
- Investigate and resolve security incidents
- Analyze the effectiveness of the security measures in place
- Recommend changes that will improve overall company security
- Provide IP/MPLS/Ethernet network administration support for the GCHD
- Design and analyze IP/MPLS/Ethernet network systems for new and existing GCHD systems using sound engineering skills
- Manage all local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) operation
- Manage a multi-site VOIP implementation based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Perform duties including incident handling, incident response and escalation management
- Support network security infrastructure and controls, including, but not limited to Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), firewalls, VPN, intrusion detection/prevention, Network Behavior Anomaly Detection, Network Level Advanced Malware Protection, TACACS, netflow based tools, URL filtering, NAC etc.
- Assist in evaluating and developing solutions for complex network security and protection technologies for enterprise and service provider environment including but not limited to Advanced Breach Detection/Mitigation, DDoS attack detection/mitigation, etc.
- Perform ticket handling of the security events, ongoing tuning of security solutions, review security infrastructure
- Design, troubleshoot and optimize large IP/MPLS/Ethernet networks
- Assist in developing and implementing security incident response and operations process.
- Create incident reports, documentation for security events as necessary
- Assist with gathering and reporting metrics regarding security events, vulnerabilities, and alerts
- Maintain and enhance the threat/vulnerability management and remediation process
- Work with business and technical teams to review vulnerabilities, plan remediation strategy and track items to complete resolution
- Support periodic network and application security penetration testing activities, including scheduling, resources, tool execution, and reporting
- Participate in incident triage, analysis, response, and remediation for network intrusions and attacks
- Assist in conducting periodic audits to assess security/risk in network
- Assist in developing network-specific, system-specific, and application-specific information security policies, guidelines, standards, procedures
- Research and monitor new networking technologies, proposing their implementation into GCHD systems as appropriate
- Identify potential financial or functional impacts to GCHD to changes in technology
- Provide input into and act as project engineer for the planning, configuration, designing and updating of GCHD network infrastructure to meet the dynamics of the system, ensuring a high level of service. This includes necessary software updates, hardware configurations, and other related needs
- Develop designs, standards, and procedures to assess and ensure GCHD network security
- Act as project engineer on GCHD projects requiring engineering efforts related to job duties
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Candidates must provide certifications and/or documented training in key aspects of IT systems as (CCNA, MCSE, CISA, PMP or CISM certifications a plus) with application. Candidates are strongly encouraged to attach a resume with their application.
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221www.gchd.org