We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16.24-$16.73
- Posted Date:03/06/2019
Would you LOVE to join our Lab & X-Ray team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Phlebotomist!
The right candidate will be responsible for performing collection of blood samples through the use of skin puncture and venipuncture techniques, in-house lab tests and processing specimens for contract outside laboratory as ordered by authorized CHW physicians and midlevel providers in accordance with state and local laws, established clinic scope of services, and CLIA and Joint Commission guidelines. Accurate documentation of in-house waived test results.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, Rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $16.24-$16.73
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 1 year+ Phlebotomy experience
- Preference will be given to any-job related training or certification
- CPR/Heartsaver (Must successfully complete CPR certification within 6 months of employment)
- Must have knowledge of the use and maintenance of a centrifuge including spinning down and spills, the, Clinitek 50, Clinitek Status +, Glucometer, DCA Analyzer, containers used to separate serum, plasma, frozen samples, and urine cultures, and phlebotomy skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and Saturday clinic on a rotating basis
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Identifies patients by name and date of birth when confirming patient identification and searching for or entering data into the electronic medical record accurately
- Verify lab tests ordered by comparing information in the electronic medical record
- Resolving and bringing discrepancies to the attention of the Lab and X-Ray Supervisor and ordering provider
- Prior to each collection of specimens, reviews the appropriate tests being ordered to ensure the proper materials are used in the collection techniques such as venipuncture, finger stick, heel stick (pediatric patients only) or urinalysis
- Collects blood samples
- Prepares and labels all specimens according to written protocols for each particular test obtained for both in-house and outside reference labs
- Performs waived in-house tests according to protocols; analyzes Glucose, HgbA1C, Rapid Mono, Rapid Strep, H.pylori, Automated Urinalysis Dip, Microalbumin Urine, Urine Pregnancy test, and Hemoccult Guaiac cards
- Prepares outside reference labs according to current protocols and authorized on the Coastal Health & Wellness Medical Fees schedule and/or the Medical Director’s list of authorized tests performed in the Coastal Health & Wellness Laboratory
- Document all results in the electronic health record
- Enhance the Lab and X-Ray department and clinic reputation by accepting ownership for new and different requests
- Participates in the quality assurance monitoring and recording of data in all log books, ensures compliance with all HIPAA laws, and compliance with current Joint Commission and CLIA rules and regulations
- Consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude
- Provides preventative maintenance on all lab equipment, keeps the lab clean to meet Infection Control guidelines
- Ability to rotate between clinic sites
- Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste
- Adhere to job specific competencies within established departmental deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County