We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Help Desk Analyst II
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $22.07 - $22.73
- Posted Date:04/16/2019 4:31 PM
Become part of an amazing IT Team! Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new IT Help Desk Analyst II!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing first-level and second-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and application problems. In addition, this position will be a primary contact for the GCHD IT Help Desk and ensure that all incidents are recorded and uploaded into the IT Ticketing system (Lansweeper) in a timely manner.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, affordable Medical Insurance, rich Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $22.07 - $22.73
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or Information Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- At least 1-2 years of previous IT Help Desk and/or Call Center experience.
- Incident management experience.
- Basic user and security group Active Directory administration.
- Strong knowledge of basic computing which includes Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10 Operating Systems.
- Ability to handle customer relationship management, provide strong customer consultative skills, and work in a fast-paced environment requiring flexibility, adaptability, and quality response in a timely manner.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to present and communicate clearly with technical and non-technical staff as well as senior management
- Ability to learn new programs
- Track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Preference for completion of ITIL, A+ or MCP certifications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyze and correlate large amounts of forensic data from various network, operating system, application, and security devices, logs, and alerts
- Experience in incident handling, operations and forensics preferred
- Experience is developing applications for smartphones
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Create and deactivate Office 365 user account licenses.
- Maintain an accurate record of IT assets using our Asset Management system.
- Create and update Help Desk documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Continue the development of the Help Desk system and IT Service Portal.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Install, maintain, and support GCHD’s IT equipment and phone systems.
- Work directly with vendors to facilitate voice, data, and wireless services to all locations.
- Deploy workstations and peripherals for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Provide BYOD program support by coordinating set-up and maintaining mobile communication devices.
- Provide VPN support and troubleshooting.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the ticketing system, LanSweeper (Help Desk Tickets).
- Assign tickets in queue to appropriate team member processing first-in first-out based on priority.
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and any additional specialized equipment.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Report issues to the Director of Information Technology for escalation.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Document internal procedures.
- Set up email on mobile devices, iPhones, iPads, etc. for designated end-users.
- Install software.
- Troubleshoot to resolve issues with software.
- Update software that cannot be patched through automated functions.
- Check computers that are not correctly receiving/implementing automated updates.
- Diagnose issues related to users unable to access programs and/or websites.
- Transport computers as needed.
- Adjust monitor specifications such as resolutions and replace mice, keyboards, and other peripherals.
- Respond to all printer issues.
- Receive help from other department personnel when the problem relates to a print queue on the print server.
- Build and maintain a pool of spare computers and equipment.
- Maintain an efficient and clean office area and build room.
- Must work well with district personnel in a professional and friendly manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or projects that may require additional time outside normal working hours
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221