We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
NET Dispatcher (2nd Shift)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $14.08 - $14.50
- Posted Date:02/27/2019 11:28 AM
Make a difference in our community and join our EMS team! Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new NET Dispatcher (2nd Shift)!
The right candidate will be responsible for receiving, coordinating, and dispatching non-emergency transport requests, in addition to completing necessary documentation related to transports and updating all necessary forms with information required for each transport.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, Rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $14.08 - $14.50
*2nd Shift: 4pm to 1am
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience related to patient care or dispatching non-emergency transfer preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Process all requests for non-emergency transport which includes scheduling patient transports from hospitals, nursing homes, etc.;
- Complete the transport log for each request received (which includes taking all the pertinent patient medical information, demographics and insurance information) on a daily basis;
- Schedule transports in a way that they are completed in a timely manner with available resources;
- Adjust the schedule of transports (both local and long distance) to best meet the needs of patients and the resources available on a continuous basis;
- Keep track of ambulance status (i.e., enroute, arrived, in service, etc.);
- Obtain prior approval from EMS Supervisor before a transport request is given away to an outside service;
- Complete insurance verification and reviewing patient care reports for documentation compliance;
- Track all activity in designated software/spreadsheet collecting complete and accurate data to be used for reports to, advisory groups, and community stakeholders; as related to dispatching.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221www.gchd.org