We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Patient Care Community Health Worker
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $17.80 - $18.33
- Posted Date:02/25/2019 3:31 PM
Would you LOVE to assist with providing support to Galveston County residents? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Patient Care Community Health Worker!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing services to registered patients in the Coastal Health & Wellness Clinic who have been diagnosed with a behavioral health condition and another chronic condition in accordance with state and local laws, established clinic scope of services.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $17.80 - $18.33
**THIS IS A FULL TIME, GRANT FUNDED POSITION **
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Must have good interpersonal skills with public
- Experience working with target populations of the Health District and the CHW Clinic or similar populations
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, basic principles and techniques of interviewing and counseling
- Knowledge of techniques for evaluating and monitoring patient situations and problems including behavioral health and medical issues sufficient to assist in the development and implementation of treatment plans
- Community Health Worker certification preferred
- 1+ year experience working as a community health worker preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish REQUIRED
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Able to communicate medical information on the phone and in person to outside agencies and patients
- Helps patients follow up with health management/care plans and individual goals
- Assists patients in understanding care plans and instructions given by their provider
- Documents activities, service plans and results in an effective manner while strictly adhering to the policies and procedures in place, including HIPAA
- Establishes positive, supportive relationships with patients, and their families and provides feedback
- Helps patients in utilizing resources, including scheduling appointments and assisting with completion of applications for programs for which they may be eligible; facilitates communication and coordinates services between providers; motivates patients to be active, engages participants in their health
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with patients, providers, nurse case managers, supervisors and office staff
- Continuously expands knowledge and understanding of community resources, services and programs provided
- Receives In House Behavior Health referrals and contacts patients to make appointments and logs all patients contacted in the Behavior Health referral spreadsheet
- Assists Patient Care Nurse Case Manager in other duties for the BHI program as needed
- Collaborates with outside agencies to coordinate outreach activities for CHW
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County