We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Physician’s Assistant/Nurse Practitioner (Midlevel)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Annual Salary: $90,216 – based on experience
- Posted Date:05/06/2019 1:49 PM
Would you LOVE to assist with providing optimal care to Galveston County residents? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner (Midlevel)!
The right candidate will provide healthcare services as a credentialed, licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to patients (on an appointment and walk-in basis).
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Annual Salary: $90,216 – based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Texas as a Physician Assistant by the Texas Medical Board or as a Nurse Practitioner by the Texas Board of Nursing
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Graduation from an approved Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Experience in a public health or community clinic setting is preferred
- Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) systems
- Must have knowledge of adult learning principles, ambulatory nursing practices and procedures, and community resources
- Current CPR Certification required
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
Click here to enter text.
- Use of an electronic medical records system (NextGen)
- Accurate, legible and timely documentation
- Performs physical examination
- Orders lab and other tests
- Prescribes medications and treatments
- Provides continuity in managed care for patients with long term problems
- Provides health maintenance visits, evaluates for immunizations, and provides anticipatory guidance and referrals
- Performs contract and special physical examinations for HeadStart, employment, etc.
- Performs STD (sexually transmitted disease) and family planning screening and education
- Accepts assigned patients (scheduled and walk-in patients) in order to achieve goal of seeing an average of 3 patients per hour
- Performs as an active member of the medical team
- Assist Coastal Health & Wellness Medical Director and nursing personnel to develop/implement/update protocols and procedures (including development of education materials, clinical protocols, such as telephone and/or on-site triage of patients)
- Participate on clinical committees and other assigned healthcare-related projects
- Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Adhere to job specific competencies within established departmental deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County