We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Infection Control Nurse
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Salary: $64,563 - $66,500 annually
- Posted Date:02/19/2019 11:27 AM
Would you LOVE to use your nursing skills and knowledge to help implement our Infection Control Program? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Infection Control Nurse (RN)!
The right candidate will be responsible for the Infection Control Program.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Salary: $64,563 - $66,500 annually
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Registered Nurse (Bachelor of Science preferred) with current Texas state license
- Current certification in infection control by the Certification Board of Infection Control desirable or ability to complete training
- Current CPR
- 2 years related experience in infection control preferred
- Work experience in a clinic or community health center preferred
- Ability to communicate and work with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Working knowledge and ability to demonstrate a comprehension of infection control and sterilization practices
- Knowledge of pertinent regulatory, accreditation and advisory body requirements including, but not limited to, state and county regulations, Joint Commission standards and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to educate and communicate with clinic and external agency personnel
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Oversees the Infection Control Program;
- Conducts monthly infection control audits in the medical and dental clinics and lab; reviews findings and recommendations with staff and the program manager; reports results to the Infection Control Committee
- Works with staff and the Infection Control Committee to develop guidelines and procedures as necessary
- Educates staff on Infection Control Program at orientation and annually
- Provides and documents Infection Control training to clinical staff specific to their job duties
- Participates in the Infection Control Committee
- Conducts reviews of guidelines and procedures to identify infection control discrepancies and recommends revisions as necessary to formulate changes in identified needs related to procedures and/or processes
- Interacts with CNO and Infection Control Committee to provide resource information, resolve infection control problems and identify new opportunities to improve service and reduce costs
- Works with the CNO to prepare reports and statistical data for the Infection Control Committee;
- Performs annual assessments and develops action plans from prior years activities
- Makes recommendations regarding and assures compliance with national and professional standards
- Primary resource for infection control issues with ongoing collaborations with staff to provide optimal patient care
- Ensures that identified staff receives documented training on how reusable equipment is appropriately cleaned, maintained, disinfected or sterilized according to manufacture or CDC requirements and audits
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County