We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate: Salary: $61,435.92
- Posted Date:02/11/2019 12:03 PM
Would you LOVE to use your nursing skills in assisting Galveston County residents? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Registered Nurse (RN)!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing direct nursing services.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Salary: $61,435.92
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited RN nursing program
- Licensed to practice as an RN in the State of Texas
- Work experience using an electronic medical record system
- 2+ years of work experience in a clinic or community health center preferred
- Must have knowledge of adult and child learning principles, ambulatory nursing practices and procedures, and community resources
- Bilingual in English/Spanish helpful
- Current CPR
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Provides efficient, high quality, patient-centered nursing care to patients in a primary care environment including but not limited to patient assessment, triage in person or by phone, medication administration, patient counseling and education, performance of waive tests and nursing procedures
- Provides excellent customer service and cultural sensitivity
- Practices safely and with effective infection control measures
- Is responsive to abuse and neglect issues and age specific needs of the patient population
- Coordinates patient care within the primary care environment to assure effective continuity of care, including but not limited to follow up of lab results, triage, referral to case management and other programs
- Facilitates patient access to health care and assists medical team to meet productivity expectations
- Performs quality control and quality assurance activities
- Effectively communicates with the medical team, other departments, and outside resources to ensure effective patient care
- Communicates provider orders to patient as follow up
- Assesses patient education readiness and modifies teaching according to patient and family needs
- Documents care in NEXTGEN (an electronic medical record)
- Follows written CHW clinical guidelines and provider orders
- Under the supervision of the CHW nursing director, as acting charge nurse, may assign or schedule tasks for other nursing personnel to achieve best patient flow
- Cooperates and communicates effectively with personnel from other CHW departments to enhance patient care
- Provides mentoring, orientation, education and supervision of staff nurses, medical assistants, and students
- May assist CHW Nursing Director by presenting education, training or in-service material to nursing personnel
- May serve on clinical teams and/or committees
- Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste
- Adhere to job specific competencies within established departmental deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County