We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Based on experience
- Posted Date:03/14/2019 8:59 AM
Do you have strong Human Resources leadership skills and want to become part of a great team to help facilitate GCHD’s mission?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Human Resources Director!
The right candidate will be responsible for managing the Human Resources department as well as administering and monitoring compliance of all human resources policies, benefits and volunteer programs.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Salary Rate: Based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required
- At least 7 + years of experience in Human Resources department, with 3 + years’ experience in a HR leadership position
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll and other HR functions
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and planning skills
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Ensuring HR functions are aligned with federal and state rules and regulations
- Manages human resources function by proposing, implementing, and monitoring board-approved human resources policies and established executive procedures and practices
- Develops related proposals and makes recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer to assure fair, consistent, and legitimate human resources operations
- Ensures Human Resource functions align with Strategic Health Plan regarding management and implementation of priorities and goals including, but not limited to, onboarding process, performance evaluation process, employee recognition program, employee wellness and betterment, and training and coaching needs assessments
- Identifies potential problems by tracking and monitoring compliance with all priority human resources activities, including, but not limited to, employee orientation, training, & performance improvement plans, employee performance evaluations; etc.
- Oversees an effective, efficient, and comprehensive employee orientation program to overall health district policies, benefits, and requirements
- Conducts salary surveys and market analysis
- Stays current on human resources related laws, practices, and standards and informs Chief Executive Officer of need to update and revise policies in order to maintain compliance with related federal and state regulations
- Provides guidance to supervisors and employees by serving as a liaison between executive management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies/employment laws, and helping resolve work-related problems
- Keeps Chief Executive Officer informed in a timely manner regarding personnel and related liability issues and regarding potential employee concerns and grievances
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the Chief Executive Officer on personnel matters
- Prepares and reviews compensation scales
- Assists in the development of succession/career pathing plans
- Creates adhoc reports for management as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Public Health Services · Coastal Health & Wellness · Emergency Medical Services · Animal Resource Center
The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) is the local public health agency for Galveston County, Texas.
GCHD provides services and programs that protect the everyday health and well-being of Galveston County.
P.O. Box 939 La Marque, Texas 77568 • (409) 938-7221