We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Bilingual Patient Services Specialist
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $13.13-$13.52
- Posted Date:11/06/2018 3:59 PM
Do you want to assist Galveston County residents with eligibility and enrollment? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Patient Services Specialist!
The right candidate will be responsible for checking-in clients for appointments, accurately performing financial transactions, verifying insurance coverage, verifying application information and documents, financially screening patients for discounted services while following applicable procedures for the insured and uninsured.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Rich Paid Time Off plans, Affordable Medical Insurance, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $13.13-$13.52
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a health care setting providing cashiering and eligibility, preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Knowledge of general office procedures, insurance plans, and various federal and state programs helpful
- Must be able to work at both clinic Texas City and Galveston locations
- Must be able to work Late Clinic hours and Saturday Clinic on a rotation
- Must be able to be flexible to meet daily shift priorities
- Cash handling experience helpful
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Provides financial screening services
- Assesses a client’s eligibility for services based on established program and financial requirements
- Interviews patients to determine if eligible for discounted services based on federal and/or state guidelines
- Determines the patient’s appropriate financial responsibility based on information supplied and registers and updates patients by entering and scanning required documentation into the NextGen electronic practice management system (EPM)
- Assesses patient eligibility for various State programs (i.e. Title V Child Health and Dental Services Program, Healthy Texas Women, etc.)
- Provides check-in services
- Verify patient information in computer before checking in patient
- Task patient to financial screening as needed
- Verify insurance via claim ClaimRemedi or telephone number for insured
- Collect co-pay or down payment from patient for medical and dental visits
- Record payment to patients account and issue patient receipt
- Balance the cash drawer and receipts daily
- Close NextGen posting batch daily
- Handle moderate to large sums of money and give change as needed
- Monitor workstation supply status and inform supervisor if supplies need to be restocked
- Translating as needed in business area only (Bilingual position)
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County