We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $13.90-$14.32 – 20 hours per week
- Posted Date:10/12/2018 1:08 PM
Would you LOVE to become a part of our Animal Resource Center Team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Veterinary Technician (Part-Time)!
This position is responsible for assessing the health of all animals entering the shelter and providing animal care.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $13.90-$14.32 – 20 hours per week
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Completion of a Veterinary Technologist/Technician program AND Registered as a Veterinary Technologist/Technician
2+ years of experience performing veterinary technician duties
- Skill in assessing the health of animals
- Experience handling large and/or vicious animals
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
· Customer Service Oriented.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Responsible for assessing the health of all animals turned in by the public and Animal Control Officers and completes all necessary paperwork and data entry into the Animal Services software system
- Vaccinating, deworming, & applying flea/tick control to animals as necessary
- Daily assessing the health of the animals housed in the shelter, reports to the Director and updates medical information in the Animal Services software system
- Assessing animals and assisting in the decisions on the adoptability of the animals
- Maintaining adequate animal care supplies (vaccinations, wormer, flea/tick remedies, other)
- Mentoring Animal Care Technicians through instruction, the review of work and the assessment of animal care skills
- Assisting in the release of animals through various, approved Rescue Groups
- Scheduling clinic appointments for shelter animals and completes all pre surgery paperwork
- Administering medications that have been prescribed by a licensed veterinarian
- Maintaining certain aspects of the Animal Services software system such as animal status on a daily basis and makes necessary revisions
- Implanting microchips properly and safely to both ARC animals and owned animals from citizens
- Fills out and files necessary paperwork and completing all data entry into the Animal Services software system
- Performs euthanasia according to policy and procedure
- Documents drug usage according to policy and procedure
- Assisting citizens while in the shelter facility
- Cross-training with administrative staff
- Cleaning and maintaining the animals and shelter to provide a clean and safe environment for the animals and citizens which includes the feeding, handling and provision of custodial care
- Maintaining necessary training level established for a Veterinary Technician
- Documenting training events
- Writing accurate reports and disseminating data as it pertains to various situations
- Providing and obtaining information to/from citizens, community organizations and employees
- May represent the division at public meetings when requested
- Assist staff and management to draft the euthanasia list
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County