We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$110,000-$120,000
- Posted Date:07/02/2018
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Clinical Director. We are excited to have YOU join our team of professionals.
SUMMARY: Coastal Health & Wellness (CHW) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (Center) located in Galveston County, Texas, that provides medical, dental, and counseling services to county residents in accordance with federal guidelines. An eleven member board, comprised of consumer majority, serves as the clinic’s autonomous group of policy-makers. With a staff of approximately 100 employees, CHW provides health services to over 13,000 Galveston County residents annually.
OVERVIEW: The Clinical Director is responsible for planning, implementation, and directing all phases of the Health Center’s operations in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth by the Coastal Health & Wellness Governing Board. The Clinical Director provides direction and leadership in formulating and achieving the Health Center’s philosophy and mission, strategic direction, goals and objectives; identifies and responded to funding opportunities and requirements for the Center; and manages the operation of the Center – including direct supervision of executive staff. The Clinical Director is also responsible for working in conjunction with the Galveston County Health District (GCHD) regarding CHW administrative services that are performed under the stipulations and processes delineated through the Health District’s co-affiliation structure.
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration or related field with at least seven (7) years of experience in a healthcare delivery setting -OR-
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related discipline with at least ten (10) years of experience in a healthcare delivery setting
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Nursing Administration, preferred
- Executive management experience in a community health center or healthcare delivery setting
- Clinical management experience preferred
- Robust financial management skills, including financial reporting skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, including the ability to gather, condense, and communicate a wealth of information to both staff and the Board, and to address differing levels of knowledge among staff and Board members
- Strong research and analysis abilities
- Understanding of not-for-profit, finance and healthcare laws and regulations relevant to the structure of a Federally Qualified Health Center
- Knowledge of local, state and federal healthcare environments affecting the Center, and ability to follow the changing industry requirements in the health and business arenas
- Grant writing experience
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, ambulatory nursing practices and procedures, and community resources helpful
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the Clinical Director:
- Acts as Board liaison.
- Implements the specific directives and general goals of the Health Center’s Governing Board.
- Participates in Board meetings as an ex-officio and nonvoting member of the Board.
- Reports regularly to the Executive Committee and the Board in matters including, but not limited to:
- The Center’s effectiveness in meeting community needs;
- Management of Center finances, including budgetary, income, asset and expense concerns;
- Provisions of organizational and departmental updates;
- Compliance reporting, performance improvement and progress with grant deliverables;
- Pursuing competitive grants; and
- Executing and ensuring adherence to Center contracts.
- Works with Board committees as needed.
- Delegates implementation and reporting requirements to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Acts as Health Center representative.
- Identifies and builds relationships with partners in the local and broader communities to engage in collaborative projects and partnerships beneficial to the Center.
- Responds to media and governmental inquiries as appropriate.
- Leads strategic planning and implementation of the Health Center.
- Regularly assesses the needs of the community.
- Remains cognizant of local, state and national health center and healthcare trends through continuing education and knowledge development for strategic planning purposes.
- Structures planning sessions with Board, staff and partners, and facilitates the creation of a strategic health plan with these parties.
- Leads financial management and planning.
- Develops an annual budget and ensures the control of Center related expenditures.
- Identifies and responds to funding opportunities through grant writing and group purchasing.
- Submits required federal and other grant and program reports to applicable agencies.
- Leads Center operations
- Supervises staff and manages day-to-day operations of the Center.
- Ensures the proper implementation of Center policies and procedures
- Monitors compliance with pertinent laws and regulations, and encourages active performance improvement throughout the Center
- Addresses other tasks assigned by the Governing Board, or those of which fall under the scope of Director’s responsibilities as they arise
- Maintains a current knowledge of local, state and federal fiscal and business patterns, and utilizes this knowledge to drive the Center in beneficial directions.
Salary Rate: $110,000-$120,000 in addition to an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please fill out our online application. PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND SALARY HISTORY WHEN APPLYING. **Please note that by submitting an application, you become subjected to a criminal background and credit check.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Provide access to high-quality primary care to any Galveston County resident.
Galveston County Health District is a proud equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, and/or disability. As a political subdivision of Texas, GCHD may also lend preference to applications submitted by qualified veterans.