We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, affordable medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Paramedic Team Captain
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $20.00
- Posted Date:01/10/2019 11:53 AM
Make a Difference in your community and join our Emergency Medical Service Team!
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Team Captain (Paramedic)!
The right candidate will be for performing responsible and technical medical work dealing with emergency or non-emergency and/or lifesaving treatment of patients who are transported via Mobile Intensive Care Unit or Basic Life Support ambulance from the scene of an accident, home or other location to an emergency or non-emergency treatment facility.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Rich Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $20.00
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Successful completion of a Texas Department of State Health Services Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic course
- Licensed or Certified as a Licensed Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic in the State of Texas with no unresolved complaints with DSHS
- Protocol Certified by the EMS Medical Director within 6 months of employment
- Successful completion of pre-employment written exam, mega code skills test, physical exam, physical agility test and drug/alcohol screening
- 2+ years of experience as an in-charge paramedic at a 911 agency or six months experience as a Galveston EMS Paramedic
- Successful completion of 6-month introductory period (internal applicants only)
- Satisfactory evaluation in most recent period and no significant corrective actions or preventable incidents in the last six months (internal applicants only)
- Knowledge of medical care and basic rescue techniques and ability to operate medical and basic rescue equipment utilized at the EMT-Paramedic level of pre-hospital emergency care
- Knowledge of current principles and practices of emergency medical services, patient advocacy, and incident management
- Knowledge of all aspects of emergency vehicle response, including working under stressful situations, in receiving and assessing information, then making appropriate decisions for response
- Map reading and in navigating to call locations under stress and time constraints
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal rules related to EMS and requirements pertaining to operation of ambulances and rescue vehicles
- Knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures and applications of first aid, use, maintenance, security, and inventory of drugs, supplies, equipment and medical records
- Current American Heart Association CPR, ACLS, and PALS Certified
- Must have satisfactory DMV/MVR background check
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Analyze patient situations and make appropriate triage decisions and calls for additional resources as required
- Provides for patient’s safety and attends to emergency or non-emergency conditions before and after patient is moved to the ambulance
- Assists qualified personnel in extricating the patient(s)
- Transmit information via radio to emergency or non-emergency treatment facility regarding patient’s illness or injuries, vital signs and other pertinent data
- Request professional advice and/or treatment orders needed to administer to the patient in the effort to stabilize their injuries and maintain their well-being
- Operate under standing orders and/or treatment protocols in critical situations, as written and authorized by the Medical Director
- Provide continuing care, comfort and treatment of the patient while in route to a facility and reports any changes in a patient’s condition to the appropriate person(s) and accurately documents all patient care in the ePCR
- Operate ambulance in accordance with state transportation laws/regulations and approved GCHD policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Responsible person in charge of an individual EMS unit and crew for all operational issues during their emergency response and daily operations
- Maintain the vehicle, supplies, and communications equipment in a state of operational readiness, including, but not limited to, cleanliness, functionality, attempting minor repairs and reporting major problems and/or deficiencies
- Maintains adequate, legible records and reports
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit our website http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County