About Galveston County Health District (GCHD)
Since 1971, the Galveston County Health District has protected the health and well-being of the communities where we all live, work and play. Whether responding to public health issues like communicable diseases, natural disasters, food-borne illnesses, pollution, injury or illness, what we do every day affects your everyday life.
Mission: "Protecting and promoting the optimal health and well-being of Galveston County."
Vision: "To become the healthiest county in Texas."
Values: I CARE
- Integrity - We are honest, trustworthy and transparent in all we do.
- Customer Service - We are committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Accountability - We hold ourselves to high standards and take responsibility for our actions.
- Respect: We uphold a standard of conduct that recognizes and values the contributions of all.
- Equality - We equally value and serve all members of the community.
History of GCHD
Public Health in Galveston County: A Historical Recollection by the History Council of the Galveston County Health District is a look at the history and role of public health in the county.