File a Public Health Complaint

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Issues we can investigate:

Water Sampling

In general, we are the enforcement agency responsible for investigating complaints related to general public health threats including restaurant, food truck, public swimming pool and air and water pollution concerns.  

How to file a complaint:

Use the form below to submit a complaint. If you prefer file a complaint over-the-phone, please call (409) 938-2251 or (409) 938-2411.

When it's not within our jurisdiction: 

In some cases, we may not be the appropriate agency to assist you. Here are common complaints and the agencies that have jurisdiction:

  • Pollution around an oil well: Texas Railroad Commission - (877) 228-5740
  • Indoor air pollution: Local city government or the Department of State Health Services
  • Noise pollution: Local police.
  • Litter, illegal trash or used oil dumping: Galveston County Nuisance Abatement - (409) 766-4509

If you live in one of the following cities or counties and have an air pollution complaint, please contact the local office listed below. 

  • Houston: Bureau of Pollution Control and Prevention - (832) 393-5730
  • Harris County: Harris County Pollution Control Services Department - (713) 920-2831
  • Outside Galvston County: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality -1-888-777-3186

There may be other situations when our jurisdiction is limited. In those cases, our office will attempt to direct you to another agency that can address your concerns.


  • Do I have to provide my identity when I file a public health complaint?
  • What happens after I file a public health complaint with GCHD?
  • After I file a public health complaint, when should I expect to hear back from GCHD?
  • What happens if I am not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint investigation?
More FAQs
Please correct the field(s) marked in red below:

 About you
About you
About the subject of the complaint
About the subject of the complaint
Upload a picture (if available)
  1. To receive a copy of your submission, please fill out your email address below and submit.
    Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code