About Galveston County Health District (GCHD)
At the Galveston County Health District, we are committed to identifying public health issues that impact your everyday life. We work daily to prevent disease, protect against public health threats and promote good health for all of Galveston County.
Mission: "Protecting and promoting the optimal health and well-being of Galveston County."
Vision: "To become the healthiest county in Texas."
Values: I CARE
- Integrity - We are honest, trustworthy and transparent in all we do.
- Customer Service - We are committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Accountability - We hold ourselves to high standards and take responsibility for our actions.
- Respect: We uphold a standard of conduct that recognizes and values the contributions of all.
- Equality - We equally value and serve all members of the community.
Strategic Health Plan
Our 2017-2022 Strategic Health Plan provides a roadmap for working towards making Galveston County a healthier place to live, work and play.
History of GCHD
Public Health in Galveston County: A Historical Recollection by the History Council of the Galveston County Health District is a look at the history and role of public health in the county.