We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $14.31-$14.74
- Posted Date:03/06/2018
Would you LOVE to use your outstanding customer service and organizational skills? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Courier Technician!
The right candidate will be responsible for the daily transport of mail, supplies, packages and other items between Health District facilities and other businesses.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $14.31-$14.74
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Previous experience in Purchasing and operating motor vehicles on a delivery or commercial basis preferred
- Excellent Driving Record and ability to drive GCHD vehicles
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Knowledge of Galveston County area preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have satisfactory DMV/MVR
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Sort items to be delivered according to the delivery route
- Responsible for maintaining upkeep of mail van, i.e. low tires, windshield wipers, keeping clean, etc. and reporting any problems immediately.
- Load vehicle with goods, ensuring that goods are loaded correctly and any necessary precautions taken with hazardous goods
- Unload and sort items collected along delivery routes and distribute accordingly Pickup and deliver mail to and from the post office daily
- Distribute mail toappropriate Health District department / location
- Deliver supplies to all Health District locations, including daily delivery of mail and supplies to various departmentswithin the County
- May replenish, stock, issue and perform data entry related toitems kept in inventory as back up for the Receiving /Inventory Clerk
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County