We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Electronic Records Specialist
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $12.56-$12.94
- Posted Date:02/22/2018
Would you LOVE to assist patients or agencies in obtaining their health records? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Electronic Records Specialist!
The right candidate will be responsible to service all records, including dental, as needed, for providing electronic records support.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Rich Paid Time Off plans, Affordable Medical Insurance, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $12.56-$12.94
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience performing clerical type duties (preferably in an electronic health system)
- Must have working knowledge of general office procedures, office copiers, fax machines, typewriters, computers, and multi-line telephone systems and be able to multitask
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening
- Burning patientx-ray images onto CD disk as necessary
- Reviewing and scanning patient medical reports received via fax, mail, etc.
- Sending any appropriate notifications to providers via the EMR task program
- Assisting patients in filling out requests for medical and/or dental records
- Printing copies of requested medical and/or dental records
- Printing out the receipt of payment for copies of medical and/or dental records
- Greeting and assisting patients checking out at the clinic
- Accurately collecting, entering charges and posting payments to patients’ accounts
- Setting medical, dental, and/or counselor follow up appointments
- Answering phones
- Printing charts for periodic audits for various programs
- Retrieving inactive charts for storage
- Maintaining integrity of electronic record system
- Processing mail and/or faxes
- Reviewing and/or scanning documents into the EHR NEXTGEN System
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County