We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$26.00/hour
- Posted Date:02/07/2018 8:54 AM
Make a difference in our community and help lead our EMS team! Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new EMS Supervisor!
The right candidate will be responsible for successfully managing daily operational aspects of emergency medical and transport services provided by the Galveston County Health District's Galveston Area Ambulance Authority (GAAA).
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, affordable medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Hourly Rate: $26.00
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Successful completion of a Texas Department of State Health Services Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic course or equivalent
- Licensed or Certified as a Licensed Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic in the State of Texas with no unresolved complaints with DSHS
- 3+ years of service as a paramedic in charge of a 911 ALS unit
- Protocol Certified by the EMS Medical Director
- Previous work experience as an EMS supervisor or a bachelor’s degree in related field is helpful, but not required
- Successful completion of pre-employment written exam and physical agility test
- Knowledge of medical care and basic rescue techniques and ability to operate medical and basic rescue equipment utilized at EMT-Paramedic level of pre-hospital emergency care
- Knowledge of current principles and practices of emergency medical services, patient advocacy, and incident management
- Knowledge of all aspects of emergency vehicle response, including working under stressful situations, in receiving and assessing information, then making appropriate decisions for response
- Map reading and in navigating to call locations under stress and time constraints
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal rules related to EMS and requirements pertaining to operation of ambulances and rescue vehicles
- Knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures and applications of first aid, use, maintenance, security, and inventory of drugs, supplies, equipment and medical records
- Knowledge of daily EMS operations of current training standards, equipment, methods, techniques, protocols and procedures
- Must pass criminal background check, drug/alcohol screening and physical
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must have satisfactory DMV/MVR background check
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Analyzes patient situation and makes appropriate triage decisions and calls for additional resources as required
- Provides for patient’s safety and attends to emergency or non-emergency conditions before and after patient is moved to the ambulance
- Assists qualified personnel in extricating the patient(s)
- Transmits information to emergency or non-emergency treatment facility regarding patient’s illness or injuries, vital signs, EKGs, stroke and STEMI alerts and other pertinent data
- Requests professional advice and/or treatment orders needed to administer to the patient in the effort to stabilize their injuries and maintain their well-being
- Operates under standing orders and/or treatment protocols in critical situations, as written and authorized by the Medical Director
- Provides continuing care, comfort and treatment of the patient while in route to a facility and reports any changes in a patient’s condition to the appropriate person(s) and accurately documents all patient care in the ePCR
- Maintains the vehicle, supplies, and communications equipment in a state of operational readiness, including, but not limited to, cleanliness, functionality, attempting minor repairs and reporting major problems and/or deficiencies
- Maintains adequate, legible records and reports
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County