We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Director of EMS
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$90,000-93,000/year
- Posted Date:04/11/2018
Make a difference in our community and lead our EMS team! Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Director of EMS!
The right candidate will be responsible for successfully managing all operational aspects of emergency medical and transport services provided by the Galveston County Health District's Galveston Area Ambulance Authority (GAAA).
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, affordable medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Salary: $90,000-93,000
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management Services, Business Management, Public/Business Administration, or closely related field.
- Licensed or Certified as a Licensed Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic in the State of Texas with no unresolved complaints with DSHS.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the field of health care with at least three (3) years of managerial experience in an Advanced Life Support Emergency Medical Services System, EMS Operations Supervisor, Pre-hospital Supervisor or Public Safety Administrator.
- Knowledge of daily EMS operations of current training standards, equipment, methods, techniques, protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and rules pertaining to EMS, emergency management and disaster planning techniques.
- Administrative experience in EMS or hospital setting required.
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets required.
- Experience in managing emergency personnel and vehicles required.
- Experience in writing standard operating procedures required.
- Experience with the Drug Enforcement Administration standards required.
- Experience in governmental setting, preferred.
- Current American Heart Association CPR, ACLS, and PALS Certified.
- Must pass drug and physical test
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must have satisfactory DMV/MVR and criminal background check
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements (must be obtained within 90 days of employment).
- Manage and oversee daily operations of GAAA to assure high quality emergency medical services and transport services in jurisdictional areas under contract
- Organize workflow and schedules
- Review payroll and approve timesheets
- Oversee departmental training and quality assurance efforts
- Review incident reports and take appropriate action to address safety concerns and loss prevention
- Identify and develop short and long term goals
- Identify areas requiring improvement and formulate and execute action plan to correct deficiencies
- Develop, interpret, and implement standard operating and testing procedures, policies, training programs, and general orders
- Establish and review departmental goals and objectives
- Participate in disaster planning activities for GCHD and maintain/coordinate with contract communities an up-to-date pre-hospital disaster plan
- As necessary, coordinate EMS activities with Galveston County, Regional Advisory Council and other municipal or state agencies
- Conduct and participate in multi-agency emergency exercises to evaluate preparedness
- Prepare specifications for the purchase of GAAA vehicles and operating equipment
- Ensure that the necessary maintenance and repairs to vehicles, communications equipment, and medical equipment are completed in accordance with GCHD policy and GAAA procedures
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer in the preparation of the annual operating budget(s) and adhere to inventory, purchasing and budgetary controls according to GCHD policy
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County