We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.53-12.91/hour
- Posted Date:01/09/2018 1:17 PM
Would you LOVE to become a part of our Animal Resource Center Team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new part-time Clerk/Dispatcher!
The right candidate will be responsible for performing routine clerical, receptionist, and dispatcher duties.
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Hourly Rate: $12.53-12.91
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 1+ years of administrative assistant experience required
- Cash Handling Skills required
- Experience in animal control is helpful, but not required
- Must be comfortable working with animals
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Must have good phone and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Literacy Skills MS Office, which includes typing
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening
- Greet customers, answer general questions and direct customers to proper staff
- Provide forms and general information to visitors and forward completed forms to proper staff
- Place, answer, and transfer calls received at the Animal Resource Center
- Refer callers or visitors to services or resources at other agencies or organizations
- Collect fees and issues receipts according to policy
- Provide clerical support to supervisor including, but not limited to, typing, filing, etc.
- Responsible for entering information into the animal services database daily
- Maintain cash and assists with the preparation of the daily deposit
- Receive animal complaint calls and dispatch animal control field officers
- Keep a complete and accurate log of all animal control calls received, dispatched, and the disposition of calls
- Provide quality photos of impounded animals upon arrival
- Scan impounded animals for microchips and communicate findings to proper staff
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the front intake lobby including, but not limited to, the work and counter area, seating area and floors
- Cross train with other administrative staff
- Assist in daily operations and maintenance of the Animal Resource Center and in impoundment of animals received from citizens at the Animal Resource Center
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County