We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
County Indigent Health Care Program Specialist I
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.13-13.52/hour
- Posted Date:11/15/2017
Would you LOVE to assist with providing support to Galveston County residents? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new County Indigent Health Care Program Specialist I!
The right candidate will be responsible for greeting, assisting, and interviewing patients to determine their County Indigent Health Care Program eligibility status.
We can offer you:
- Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, affordable medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team Oriented Environment
- Hourly Rate: $13.13-13.52
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years work experience determining eligibility for health related programs
- Experience with verifying financial documents/information
- Able to meet firm deadlines
- Knowledge of general office procedures, insurance plans, and various federal and state programs
- Valid Texas Driver License
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy including Flu Shots
- Responsible for following state laws and procedures related to asset testing applicants for the County Indigent Healthcare Program (CIHCP) in accordance with GCHD policies and procedures and approved poverty levels set by the Galveston County Commissioner's Court
- Determines eligibility of people seeking services through the CIHCP utilizing the IHS software program
- Interface with other government and/or private business organizations to obtain information on property value and financial earnings or savings
- Provides information to patients about other programs within the Health District and county
- Interviews patients to determine eligibility status
- Refers to state agencies as appropriate
- Complete Daily Task log and Application Tracking form
- Assure applications are processed within the state’s requirement of 14- days
- Greets and assists visitors, clients, and/or patients in person and on the telephone
- Assists the patients with translation
- Review and present appeals to CHW Business Director for either reconsideration of eligibility or upholding of original determination
- May respond to public health emergencies as needed on weekends or evenings and other activities under the organization’s Strategic Health Plan
- Reporting regularly and on time for work
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County