We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17/hour
- Posted Date:04/11/2018
Make A Difference in your community and join our Emergency Medical Service Team!
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic!
The right candidate will be responsible for performing responsible and technical medical work dealing with emergency or non-emergency and/or lifesaving treatment of patients who are transported via Mobile Intensive Care Unit or Basic Life Support ambulance from the scene of an accident, home or other location to an emergency or non-emergency treatment facility. Incumbent must practice within the scope of their license and adhere to the protocols.
We can offer you:
- Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, affordable medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team Oriented Environment
- Hourly Rate: $17
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Must have certification from the Texas Department of State Health Services as an Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic
- Must have valid Texas Driver’s license, Class C
- Must have Current CPR certification
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Previous work as an Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic preferred
- Must be willing to work evening/weekend hours if necessary
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel between GCHD facilities
- Successful completion of pre-employment written exam, mega code skills test, physical exam, physical agility test, and drug/alcohol screening
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Analyze patient situations and make appropriate triage decisions and calls for additional resources as required
- Provides for patient’s safety and attends to emergency or non-emergency conditions before and after patient is moved to the ambulance
- Assists qualified personnel in extricating the patient(s)
- Transmit information via radio to emergency or non-emergency treatment facility regarding patient’s illness or injuries, vital signs and other pertinent data
- Request professional advice and/or treatment orders needed to administer to the patient in the effort to stabilize their injuries and maintain their well-being
- Operate under standing orders and/or treatment protocols in critical situations, as written and authorized by the Medical Director
- Provide continuing care, comfort and treatment of the patient while in route to a facility and reports any changes in a patient’s condition to the appropriate person(s) and accurately documents all patient care in the ePCR
- Operate ambulance in accordance with state transportation laws/regulations and approved GCHD policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Maintain the vehicle, supplies, and communications equipment in a state of operational readiness, including, but not limited to, cleanliness, functionality, attempting minor repairs and reporting major problems and/or deficiencies
- Maintains adequate, legible records and reports
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County