We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (Bilingual Spanish Required)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $21.69
- Posted Date:11/08/2017 4:57 PM
Would you LOVE to use your nursing skills in assisting Galveston County residents? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing customer-friendly clinical nursing services (including basic triage, administering medications and procedures, and patient education).
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich Paid Time Off plans, Affordable Medical Insurance, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $21.69
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Licensed to practice as an LVN in the State of Texas
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- Previous work experience in a clinic or community health center preferred
- Must have knowledge of adult learning principles, ambulatory nursing practices and procedures, and community resources
- Certified LVN in the state of Texas
- Current CPR
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Assists providers in completing all medical documentation needed to provide health care to patients within the electronic health record
- Provides nursing assessments and triage activities, administers treatments and medication as ordered, and provides customer-focused clinical care
- Performs basic walk-in triage functions
- Interviews patient/family to determine purpose of the visit
- Assists with procedures, prepares patients for and assists providers with exams, performs and documents screening tests (hearing, vision, developmental)
- Demonstrates age-appropriate modifications as related to measurements and screenings
- Administers medications according to the 5 patient rights
- Evaluates immunization records and administers vaccines according to provider orders
- Accurately documents all nursing assessments and care, patient education, follow-up, treatment plans, etc. In the electronic health record in accordance with written training materials
- Performs approved waived tests in the clinic setting as ordered by providers and documents results
- Performs quality assurance and quality control activities such as vaccine and medication inventories and waived test controls
- Assesses patient education readiness and modifies patient education according to patient and family needs
- Teaches patients to use blood sugar monitoring equipment and inhalers
- Provides prenatal, family planning, and STD education to clients as ordered
- Provides orientation, education and supervision of inexperienced staff nurses, students, auxiliary workers and volunteers
- May serve on clinical teams
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County