We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.35/hour
- Posted Date:11/02/2017 2:20 PM
Would you LOVE to become a part of our WIC Team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Nutritionist!
The right candidate will be responsible for fulfilling the administrative and educational support needs of the WIC Program Manager, WIC department, and acting as back-up in providing WIC services at clinical and satellite sites.
We can offer you:
Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
Hourly Rate: $19.35
**This is a temporary position and continuation will be based on business needs.
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Nutritionist with a Bachelor’s degree in: Human Nutrition, dietetics, community nutrition or clinical nutrition
- Home Economics with Food and Nutrition major (24 hour credit in human food and nutrition)
- Currently licensed to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of Texas with 2+ years related work experience
- 1 + years’ work experience as a Nutritionist
- Be DSHS approved as CA within 6 month probationary period
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Knowledge of basic nutrition information
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Act as back-up for CA for clinic coverage during absences or vacancies, organize monthly reports for submission to Program Manager
- Act as back-up back up in prescribing EBT food benefits and low risk nutrition education
- Acts as backup for conducting hemoglobin or hematocrit test (blood test) or screening weights and heights on applicable WIC clients in accordance with WIC guidelines
- Back-up in evaluating and determining client eligibility/ineligibility for the WIC Program in accordance with WIC guidelines
- Back-up in providing individual nutrition counseling to the WIC clients at certification
- Provide health education in schools and assist SBE’s
- Conducts internal monitoring activities to ensure compliance with DSHS WIC Policy and Procedures
- Evaluate WIC vendors
- Assist with monthly staff in-service training and preparations
- Distributes end of month clinical data to WIC sites and assist with DSHS and GCHD annual inventory
- Assists with Program Planning- assists with analyzing and evaluating program operations and procedures, recommends changes as necessary to improve efficiency and effectiveness of program
- Drafts and prepares correspondence, memorandums, etc. for signatures
- Review staff mileage, acquire items from off-site storage facility and oversee WIC’s shared classroom calendar
- Maintaining adequate levels of supplies for WIC administration
- Write articles for the WIC news
- Assist staff with policy inquires
- Acts as back up in assisting with WIC’s Annual Plan of Operations report; and WIC’s annual NE/BF plan
- Train new staff
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County